The Karnataka State Scrabble Association (KSSA) started back in 1998 as the Bangalore Scrabble Club (BSC). Spearheaded by Rex and Lennie D’Souza, the Bangalore Scrabble Club quickly became a catalyst for enthusiastic Scrabble players to excel at tournament play. BSC soon expanded its scope to include all of Karnataka and become the KSSA.
The KSSA is affiliated with the Scrabble Association of India (SAI) and the World English Scrabble Players Association (WESPA).
The KSSA typically organizes 1 Global and 1 National event each year. There are also informal 1-day tournaments happening every month in different parts of the city. The informal tournaments are a great place to nurture talent and to help them elevate their game
During the 2020 lock down the KSSA has switched to online tools to keep the community connected and facilitate tournament play. They have conducted One-Day Tournaments on ISC.RO, Leagues, Team Championships and Fun Quizzes. New members also receive a special orientation to Tournament Scrabble.
How To Join
- KSSA Membership is to be renewed annually on Jan 1st.
- Transfer KSSA membership fee of Rs 1000 to the KSSA Account Number : 50100265175859 IFSC Code: HDFC0000133
- New members signing up for 2020 between May and December 2020, can join at the discounted rate of INR 500 for the 2020 Calendar Year.
- Complete this form and enter your transaction information
- You will be added to the KSSA gmail group from which you will receive formal communications, and the KSSA Blr Scrabble WhatsApp group where you will be able to interact with players and committee members in real time.
- If you are new to Tournament Scrabble you may request an orientation to Tournament Scrabble by writing to KSSA.Scrabble@gmail.com
KSSA Member and 17-Year Old Youth Champion in India Today
What is the Good Word ? – The Hindu
Scrabble Economic Times
Global Scrabble Players to Spell Out Expertise in the City – Indian Express
School Scrabble Contest – The Hindu